What is Winstrol
Winstrol is an anabolic drug, meaning it is a synthetic substance relates to the male sex hormones, promotes growth of skeletal muscles and develops androgenic characteristics. It has a metabolizing effect on the body, burning its fat and promoting protein synthesis and consequently building muscles. It is a drug that was developed in the 50s by Winthrop Laboratories. Another name for the drug is Stanozolol and it is available in both its oral and injectable forms.
Who takes Winstrol and why?
Winstrol is taken by bodybuilders during cutting phases to preserve lean muscle while shedding body fat.
Track and field athletes like sprinters, jumpers and throwers, also take Winstrol to add lean body mass. Those who do not want to add weight but want to add and maintain muscle should use Winstrol. It should not be taken, however, by anyone who expects to add muscle mass overnight.
The drug also increases physical strength and endurance and makes the body flexible. Winstrol does not cause damage to vital body organs.
What does Winstrol do?
- It promotes muscle development and density. Winstrol accelerates muscle development by speeding up metabolism, burning fat and promoting the body’s protein synthesis and energy-production. Increased energy also allows increased duration of work out sessions, building muscles, making them stronger and more visible.
- Winstrol metabolizes body fat. It is very similar to diet pills because it burns fat. However, it does not reduce body mass.
- It enhances strength. As muscle growth is stimulated, more energy is attained for wok-outs and physical activity. Physical strength and endurance is naturally increased as a result.
- It eliminates excess water in the body. Most steroids contain estrogen and estrogen levels cause water retention in the body. Too much water in the body can cause an increase in blood pressure and also create a bloated look in the body, especially in areas such as the ankle. Winstrol does not elevate Estrogen levels and in fact gets rid of excess water in the body.
- Winstrol boosts flexibility. Once body fat is burned and removed from the body, muscles are able to relax and move more flexibly.
Dosage of Winstrol:
Standard Winstrol dosage is as follows.
Take one pill 30-45 minutes a day before working out.
When not working out, take one pill once or twice a day for two months.
After some months, stop taking the pill for about two weeks and then continue the cycle for another two months.
The maximum dosage for Winstrol is 100 mg per day.
Men and women use this dosage differently. A normal man should take a dosage of between 25 mg -50 mg a day. 50 mg should be taken in its injectable form, while 25 mg taken in its normal form. A bodybuilder should take 50 mg in any form, oral or injection with a dose as high as 100 mg a day, but that is maximum.
Women take 5 mg a day in its oral form. A high performance female athlete may take 5 mg to 10 mg of Winstrol per day. Females should not attempt to take more than 10 mg, unless they have completed a cycle of 5 mg doses successfully. When taking injections, 20 mg should be taken every four days. Athletes are advised to take Winstrol in its oral form rather than injections because it is easier to control the dosage.
Side effects of Winstrol include:
- Fluctuation is sex drive.
- Development of acne and worsening of it for those who already have it.
- Headaches in different extremities for different people.
- In rare cases, swelling of the clitoris, ankles and breasts.
- A rise in cholesterol levels.
- Joint discomfort during first days of usage.
- Winstrol is generally not dangerous and is open for use for both men and women, but is reported to react with diabetic medications. Therefore, diabetics are advised against taking the pill.
Pros and cons of Winstrol in summary are:
- Boosts physical strength
- Accelerates Protein Synthesis
- Works for men and women
- Does not have side effects for vital organs
- Causes slight increase in cholesterol levels
- Interacts with diabetic medication
- May result in joint discomfort on first days of use
When used in the right dosage and for the correct purposes, Winstrol is very effective.